Friday, July 18, 2014

Juneau, Alaska

The Craziest 3 Days of Summer

I'm so lucky to have my mom who can take me on Alaska layovers with her, conveniently located where Marcos is staying for the summer :) 

It didn't even matter that I got bumped from 2 full flights, that I flew all night stopping in 3 different states, that my mom left her luggage on her plane, and that I got lost on a mountain in the pouring Alaska rain.
Because: I got to see my mama and Marcos, hike to a glacier, walk through an ice cave, roast marshmallows outside with the bears (just kidding), and spend midnight on the 4th of July watching fireworks over the water in Juneau, Alaska.

Now, I absolutely LOVE Alaska and I cant wait to see more of it.







Mendenhall Glacier










Ice Cave Under the Glacier







From Mount Roberts Tramway




Midnight, July 4th 2014



Mendenhall Glacier from a Different Perspective

Bye Juneau

Headed to Anchorage!


11:30 p.m. Anchorage, Alaska  ||  Watching fireworks from the airport!

12:45 Anchorage, Alaska

Land of the Midnight Sun

Glaciers from the plane ride to Portland, Oregon



Back over Hawaii, how can you tell?

2 comments: